My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

There's a snore coming from the bedroom..

I'm sitting in the living room, typing. In the next room, I hear a contented snore. I think about last night, and yesterday.

Have I mentioned how amazing my life is? Last night we went to see Forbidden Broadway. The show required a working knowledge of Broadway for the past 30 years. (Okay, has Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum been revived lately? Maybe only the past 3 years- or current shows... ) Many insider jokes... about producers who love the souvenirs of Broadway shows.. the electronic manipulation of voices for shows.. and the Disney proliferation on Broadway...

My companions were also familiar with the shows... so part of the joy was seeing the delight on their faces as the lyrics veered away from the standard. Afterward, we rattled through our favorite shows and favorite theater stories. I was reminded of many plays I've enjoyed. Although none as much as the shows from high school, when I had no experience but plenty of time.

Fiddler on the Roof was my senior musical... Same with one of my companions... She was sharing the practical jokes from her production, and I remembered the wet bed from the dream sequence... Val's nightgown was soaked, fortunately, she could stay in bed... Jeff was fighting to say in character.. since he was trying to stay out of the wet spot. Ah... and I had no idea that wet spot actually meant...anything. Ah... so young, so naive.

Hair was another common show. We chatted about our experiences with the show, and I had a rush of emotions... remembering the productions, my companions for the productions, and the life I lived at the time.

There are many wonderful plays coming to the area this year.. I've got the disposable income to support the arts. And selfishly, I want to make new memories... of new shows and new companions.


No comments:

Post a Comment