My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Friday, December 24, 2010

My week, two very different beds

My week, two very different beds



My life is two very separate lives. During the week, I'm a responsible corporate drone. On weekends, I'm joyfully spending time with my couple. 

During the week, I spend a lot of time waiting. I am busy. However, a couple times a day, I pause and think about my other life... 

I wasn't sure I'd be able to sleep with anyone. No, not the sex part.. the actual slumber. I've slept alone... with an occasional visitor for most of my life. I've had the entire Queen bed to myself. I snore. I sleep fitfully, getting up several times during the night. 

So I was worried. Then I had a chance to sleep with someone (post sex)...and it worked.. I could sleep next to someone.. and my snoring wasn't as bad as his!! 

The next awkward moment was when a couple asked me to join them in bed... nothing sexual.. just sleeping together. 

I really didn't know what to say... I had decided that in this new life, I needed to accept invitations, and offers, and challenges. So I said yes... 

Now I sleep alone during the week, and cuddling on weekends. Last night alone. Tonight... a glorious three way cuddle. 

I never thought about the edge of the bed.. Apparently, it is a familiar landmark. I'm not comfortable in the middle. I feel like I'm crowding one person or another. Whereas, on the edge... I know where I lie. (lay? Darn you, Mrs. Carnahan -- my 8th grade Grammar teacher). 

Fortunately in our threesome, someone is comfortable in the middle. Sometimes I wonder how others handle this... Do they draw straws? Just pile into bed and wrestle for the middle? or do people tend to sleep in the same spot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment