My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Overthinking presents.

For several years, I got my daughter's friends Bath & Body Works soaps.. in assorted scents.  I loved those soaps.  Small, easy to wrap, fun to give.

Then I found out that my daughter (and her friends) thought I was saying they were dirty.

I tend to overthink presents since then.  Is this too personal?  Too expensive? Too common?  Tonight I was shopping for several presents.  I needed 4 exact match presents for my co-workers.  No favoritism, and I didn't want the impersonal gift certificates.  (Generally I spend too much, and that's as bad as too little.)  With this group, I am going to be wrong. So I finally found a pair of items that hopefully will solve the problem... We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment