My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Being honest, and communication

I'm failing at communications.  I asked for cross streets instead of asking for an address... worse I asked when I didn't have paper and pen, and about 30 minutes later than I wanted to ask.  Less than an hour later I was angry, and frustrated.  No responses from texts.. and I knew that I should have pushed to get the address, rather than just an intersection.

So I need to improve my communication. Ask the right questions, re-ask if I don't get a useable answer.

Meanwhile, everything has changed.

I've lost my lovers.  One has remained as a roommate, but even that is awkward and comfortable.  I miss being touched,  I miss being able to reach out and touch.  I miss the closeness, and the joy of being with someone.

When I think about it, I cry.  So I avoid thinking about it.

I'm seeing their flaws and what they perceive themselves to be.  Are my perceptions as wrong? I think I communicate well... I don't.  I've picked up bad habits of communicating in code... but not knowing if the other person understands.

So life is pretty uncomfortable now.  Just being honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment