My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Poly book... outline.. the seed of what may be..

I started outlining a story... might be a book---fiction about a poly family.  I've dabbled in writing erotica- for myself.  Don't know that the two would go together well... I'm experimenting.  It would be nice to have a book with good information.. without preaching.

On the other hand, a romance is simple... two characters..a complication, a passionate embrace, a happy ending.  And a poly story would be more complex... three/four characters.. no, an entire party of characters.. because polys tend to be social... and have lovers, confidants, co-workers, and meetings.  After 8 months, I'm just starting to see the connections, and levels of friendship.

But more complex/challenging is the communication needed for a true poly relationship.  Charting the emotional and physical care of a relationship.  It's intense in real life, can I bring that passion and drama to the page?

Even outlining the characters.. I find a few minor characters demanding attention.  How can I have a poly community without a man-whore?  and a predator is required.  Heck, sometimes they are the same person.  And just like a swinger can slide into a poly relationship, perhaps a man-whore can become a polyfidelous member of a tribe.

If I set this slightly in the future, I can assume that poly is a more accepted form than it currently is.  Because I believe this is a way to provide family for those who've got small families, or who've distanced themselves from their families.  This also provides a use for those McMansions that have been abandoned due to the housing crash.

And as an added fantasy.. I know the fantasy wishlists of polys... poly couples want a unicorn or another couple...a single poly man wants a harem.   I know that has special challenges.  So I can provide a fiction hunt for that unicorn.  And show that unicorns can be found in unlikely places.

No comments:

Post a Comment