My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

So I write a lot, but delete a lot.

Here's a sample of what's in my virtual trashcan.

I'm new to poly. Hadn't even heard the word until April of this year. I'm just exploring my options. I'm currently living with a poly man, he's got three girlfriends. That relationship is more practical than romantic. (I just got a job with an hour commute, and he lives in the city where I work.)

The forums tend to focus on the problems of poly. When things are going well... people tend to not post. And they seem to get a lot of first time crisis posters.

Right now, I suppose I'm more swinging than poly.... I'm not focusing on the emotional relationship, just the physical. Mostly this is because I was in a sexless relationship for several years, then was celibate for a few years after that. I'm enjoying the exploring my sexual side.

In time, I know I'll find a nice couple, or a tribe or maybe just a few dear friends for a long term relationship. It's awkward for me right now. I am focusing on meeting people, but really yearn for the 5 years together, already know each other's jokes and stories and bodies relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment