My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How to be a friend.


I've been thinking about this lately. What is a friend? How do I select friends?

I got burned here. Thought someone was a friend of a friend, and therefore my friend.
Only when their friendship went sour, so did mine.

Were they really my friend? I've always given my friends the benefit of the doubt...
Instead of blasting them --- I'll ask why they believe this or that.. I'll check to see
if it was a misunderstanding.

So that's the current litmus test--- am I trusting people too much? Probably. But I
don't want thesmileasshole s out there to turn me into a negative gun-shy lurker.

How do I pick friends? Common interests... common location.... common loves. and
I listen. I love hearing new stories and new viewpoints. I love knowing more about
the different areas, and lives and perspectives.

Am I a bad person? Nah... just a stupid person who trusts others. I am who I am.
Can't change that...

Eventually, I'll be a better friend because of this... and more gentle with the
acquaintances...

No comments:

Post a Comment