My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy month, slow afternoon.

I'm sitting at Panera... killing time.  This month, I am moving.  Yep, procrastination strikes again. 

I need to pack the stuff at my boarding house, and move to a new place, and buy enough food/kitchen gear that I don't starve.  Then I'm looking for furniture.  I've still got a couple bookcases from Ikea, and some family heirlooms.  Ironically, I've got a hope chest.  Please don't laugh.  

Last week I learned to be careful about whom I share my furniture search.  I don't mind used furniture.  I love antiques.. and sadly, also like the Ikea furniture... So, like my eating habits, I've got a very wide range of acceptable.  However, some items won't fit well with others.  So I started asking people to watch out for furniture, and then started getting offers ... with strings attached, with strange paint, with repairs that were needed.  I'd rather wait for the right piece.... and frankly, with all the yard sales, and people moving, I expect it will be easy to find what I want.. I just need to know what I want. 

And I've got a few items I'd LOVE to have.. practical items.. like a sofa bed, or a chair and a half.. that folds into a bed.  I want people to visit.. and now, that is just barely a fantasy.

In two weeks.. well, I'll be able to play and laugh and cook in my own kitchen.  Now I've tried convincing others that I don't cook.  And that is partially true.  I certainly don't want to go head to head in a cooking contest with the pros that I know... 

In two weeks, I'll own flour, and cookie sheets and heck, even a wastebasket or two.

This will be a busy month. 

This afternoon, however, is quiet.  My weekend finished early.  And the roommate might still be 'entertaining' at the house.  So I've crashed at Panera... caught up on the e-mails, read all the Facebook walls, and scrolled through several forums.  

Yep, this is what a boring afternoon looks like  And later I'll be doing laundry.  Life can't always be interesting... but I'm still smiling about the quiet conversations, and shared times in the past few weeks.  

Poly... more than sex.. more than a fantasy.  And I'm the unicorn... you know, a magical animal that makes everyone happy, that's hard to find, but a miracle and joy.  When I was a teenager, I collected unicorns. (okay, every third teen female in the 70's collected unicorns... or Pegasus...)   I still have a few.. mostly jewelry that didn't get tossed when I became embarrassed that I wasn't a virgin.  

So here's the irony... I've lost/discarded everything, and found happiness.  I've finally let go of the illusion of love, and found real affection.  No guarantees... I enjoy today, and don't make promises for the future.  That's partially due to some physical problems... which prevent absolute plans... I've released the illusion of forever love, and now have found the perfect love for today. 

So we live small, simple lives... and enjoy every moment.  What more could I want?  This is my gratitude list for this slow afternoon... in the midst of a busy month filled with changes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment