My writings... and how I've found a new life-- not in the ashes of the old life-- but in eyes and hearts of new friends, new lovers and new places.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Emotional and Mental Roadblocks...

Sometimes I write.. not for the audience, but for myself- to figure out what is going on... what is blocking me. For several weeks, I've needed to pack for this move. I'm moving from my apartment into a storage bin...while I live in temporary quarters. This allows me to catch up on bills, learn the area, and build some savings. It is very logical. However, it also feels very uncertain.

I've figured out why I'm procrastinating about packing.. The last time I packed was to move here... and everything was set in place, and I would be happy forever with someone who loved me. This time...I'm stepping into the future without a plan.. and it is scary.

Even having friends help me pack would not solve this problem. I need to just hunker down and pack. So far I've sealed several boxes. I need to just keep going. At this point, it is too late to toss... Almost everything will be packed.

1 comment:

  1. Ultimately, everything was boxed, hauled to storage and sits there. Occasionally I miss something (like my coffee grinder)... but overall, I'm glad to be away from the "stuff" of my life for a bit.

    ReplyDelete